Strategy sessions are a more private format. A rare real strategic session is designed for 20+ people, as a rule, unlike creative sessions, the strategy is written seriously and in depth by a maximum of a dozen participants (then it can already go to the masses). A strategy session is much more likely to last a few days than a few hours.
During the strategy session, in addition to issues related directly to the strategy with a planning horizon for many years, the following issues can also be worked out:
- The values of the company and their correlation with the personal values of employees
- Formation and promotion of the company's brand both within the company and for customers
- Defining the mission of the company
- Identification of trends affecting the development of the company on the horizon of different duration
- Goal setting
- Contradictions within the top team that impede the achievement of goals
- Ways and means of achieving goals on the horizon from several months to several years
I also want to highlight communication sessions that will allow you to find a common language in a crisis situation.
Retrospective sessions will help analyze the team's achievements or failures, as well as sort out without shelving the obstacles to the implementation of short-term goals.